Final Say: Sign our petition calling for a referendum on the Brexit deal
With reality coming into focus, it’s only natural to check this future is what people really want
Have you backed our campaign? Click here to sign our petition.
Regardless of how you voted in the Brexit referendum, you deserve a say on the final deal.
That’s why we’re launching the Final Say campaign, to win for the British people the right to make that all-important decision on the Brexit deal. Come what may in the months ahead, we maintain our commitment to our readers to retain balance and present many different points of view. But on this subject we believe a referendum on the final deal is right.
We believe there are three reasons:
1. The people, on both sides of the debate, are losing faith with the current process. From Theresa May to parliament as a whole, a chaotic approach has delivered infighting, resignations and party politics, but little progress on the key issues that people care about.
2. The people on both sides should have the chance to finish what they started. With reality coming into focus, it’s only natural to check this future is what people really want. After years of negotiations behind closed doors, the people must not be shut out of the final decision.
3. The people – on both sides – know so much more now than we did in 2016. The campaigns – again, on both sides – were flawed and clouded by misinformation. Many myths have been exposed. Now we must check there is support for the facts of Brexit.
A full account of The Independent’s view is available here.
In 2016, the people were given their say on the principle of whether to stay in the EU or leave. Now the facts are becoming clearer, it’s time for the people to have the final say on the real deal – before it’s too late.
Christian Broughton, Editor, The Independent
1) Sign The Independent’s Final Say petition for a referendum on the final Brexit deal at change.org/FinalSay
2) Register for the march in London on 20 October here: https://www.peoples-vote.uk/march
3) The People’s Vote campaign have organised the March For The Future - please help them meet the cost by donating here: https://www.peoples-vote.uk/crowdfunder
The Independent has launched its #FinalSay campaign to demand that voters are given a voice on the final Brexit deal.
Sign our petition here